Hahahahaha… uh, I really just like them best as bros, I think? I’m usually not a big fan of two people who fight a lot secretly having ~SEXUAL TENSION~
Also, up until the middle of season three (with the exception of the scene in the catacombs), she always seemed way too genuinely upset with him and furious with the Fire Nation to ever want to tap that. And Zuko doesn’t understand what positive emotions are, so even if she did make him feel funny in his pants, which I’m reasonably sure she did not, he would just be confused and angered by his treacherous Water Tribe boner.
ALSO AANG/KATARA IS MY OTP KIND OF A LOT
YOU JUST WANT ME TO WRITE GIANT WALLS OF TEXT, DON’T YOU? I see how it is.
- JET WAS ZUKO’S FIRST FRIIIENNNND. This kills me, you guys. KILLS ME. How much Zuko’s journey in season two was him meeting someone nice and then them realizing he was actually a jerk, and then he’s allll alooooone again! And Jet understood Zuko more than I think either Li or Song did. Like, he sees that Zuko is a good guy, and he understands the part of Zuko that really wants to help people, and — I honestly think Jet was trying to turn over a new leaf when he went to Ba Sing Se. And I really think that Zuko turned Jet down with the best of intentions, so when Jet came bursting into his tea shop a few days later Zuko was seriously upset, because he thought they parted on good terms. But I also never got the feeling that Zuko was particularly angry with Jet, just — sad and a little bit upset that it had to go that way?
- There’s so much room for exploration there, because the pairing is almost entirely made up of missed opportunities. So it makes for really really incredible AUs. Like, I love Maiko, but my heart lies with ridiculous Jetko AUs where Jet is one of Fire Lord Zuko’s advisors and helps with the reconstruction of the Earth Kingdom and they have hot sexy sex and adopt a million scruffy orphans. (This AU does not, to the best of my knowledge, exist outside of my head.) I’m a horrible sap. I just want them to be happy. :(
- Sometimes I think about how Zuko had to find out Jet died in a terrible, terrible play, and then I get really depressed. IT WAS HILARIOUS AT THE TIME, BUT THEN I THOUGHT ABOUT IT AND IT WAS THE SADDEST THING IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE… This isn’t really a reason but I think I wordvomited out a lot of feelings already.
Okay I got several asks requesting Dick/Wally (YOU ALL KNOW ME SO WELL) so I’m just going to answer them all in one place.
OH NO, MY OTP
- The fact that Dick trusts Wally enough to go behind Bruce’s back and tell him his real name is a seriously big deal. The Batfamily isn’t exactly known for being open and trusting, so the fact that a) Dick trusted him enough to share it in the first place and b) he’s risking the disapproval of Batman, which is one of the most important things ever for Dick? KIND OF HUGE. And there’s a lot that can be extrapolated from that re: how much Wally means to him, as the only person his age who gets to see all the facets of his life, rather than just Dick or just Robin, and how much he really really needs a friend like that, especially because YJ!Dick is so evasive and sarcastic partly because he’s secretly insecure. Also, the thing that snapped Wally out of Psycho Pirate’s control was remembering that Dick trusted him more than anyone else. That’s some shoujo manga-level friendship right there.
- They’re two guys who are clearly really comfortable with each other (Wally can just reach out and snag hold of Dick’s utility belt! their little bro-handhold in Bereft! they shared a tent when they were camping! CUTEST). I kind of just want them to snuggle on a couch and watch the Science channel forever?!
- I think they balance out each other’s personalities and insecurities perfectly, and they’re the most… them around each other. Like I said above, Dick really needs someone who he doesn’t have to be all evasive and secretive around, so he can just be a normal kid (as normal as he can be, anyway). And I think Wally tries really hard to be this cool, smooth-talking ladies’ man, but actually he’s just a huge dork. Aaand Dick likes him better that way.
I have so many feelings about these nerds, you guys.